The Through Hole Assembly, also known as thru hole assembly, process uses the latest models with the quickest possible turnaround rate in the industry. Assembling excellent stable sequencing performance with easy operating software utilizing its high precision through hole assembly both by hand and automation to create electronic solder connections. Through hole assembly parts are for passive parts, we can work with chip packages as small as 0201.
Circuit Works Corporation through hole assembly service utilizes both hand assembly and automated assembly for through hole components. Our automated assembly machines consist of the following:
- Axial Sequencer – The axial sequencer machine takes axial leaded through-hole components from reels and creates a tape chain of components in order of insertion for use on the axial insertion machine.
- Axial Insertion – The Axial inserter uses the sequence chain to auto insert axial through-hold components into the PCB. The machine can be programmed to bend, clinch, and cut leads per customer/component specifications.
- DIP Insertion – A dual in-line (DIP) inserter takes integrated circuits from tubes and auto inserts the component into the PCB. The machine can be programmed to bend and cut leads per customer/component specifications.
- Radial Insertion – A radial inserter takes radial leaded through-hole components from reels and creates a sequence of components in order of insertion. Then the machine auto inserts the components into the PCB. The machine can be programmed to bend and cut leads per customer/component specifications.
- Wave Soldering – An automated process for soldering through-hole components to a PCB. The machine produces a wave of solder, then a PCB stuffed with through-hole components is carried over the wave on a conveyor. Circuit Works Corporation has both RoHS and Non-RoHS machines.
- Selective Soldering – An automated process for soldering selective pins on double sided mixed Surface Mount and Through-hole technology designs.
For those parts that cannot be installed automatically, we have a host of IPC trained hand solderers and various component forming machinery.